What to do when you have been in an accident.

When injured in an accident, report the claim to your insurance company as soon as you can. When you have a car crash, your insurance company will take care of the property damage if you have full coverage and will often times have a medical payment policy that will pay some or all of your medical bills.

You have to report the claims in a timely fashion under the insurance policy to avoid a denial of your claim.

Some people are worried about their insurance rates and choose to have the at-fault-driver and his/her insurance company handle the property damage but that company is looking to get you as little money as possible.

Your insurance company will hopefully value you as a customer and will treat you fairly on your property damage claim and will recover any deductible you have to pay from the other insurance company. Most insurance companies do not raise rates when the accident is not you fault so making the claim is appropriate.

Franks, Gerkin & McKenna can assist with the process and recover money for your case. Call today.

Translate »