What to do if you have been in an accident

Franks Gerkin Ponitz Greeley continues its 12 part series of articles about what to do when in an accident. For all tips, go to our blog. If you are hurt when someone hits your car while on the job, you not only have a workers’ compensation claim, you also have a claim against the responsible party.

When injured in a car accident while working, the Illinois Workers ’ Compensation Act will cover the full amount due on any medical bills as well as provide you with pay if you are not able to work due to your injury and may provide other benefits to get you back to work if you are not able to work in your previous position. The workers’ compensation insurance company will try to recover the medical bills and other payments they have made related to the injury from the at-fault-driver, but they will not pursue pain and suffering damages. You are allowed to bring a claim against the at-fault-driver for all of the medical bills, wage payments and other payments from the workers ’ compensation insurance company as well as the pain and suffering and other damages and to obtain money for your claim.

Translate »