How much is enough insurance?

Car Accident - InsuranceYou might be a responsible driver and vehicle owner. Unfortunately, that doesn’t totally protect you.

Research has determined that approximately 14% of motorists drive without insurance. Consider this during your next commute to work on a crowded highway as 1 in 7 of those drivers do not have insurance. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration also reports that someone in the U.S. is involved in an accident every 10 seconds, so in the time it took you to read this far there’s been an accident.

Have you wondered what happens when you’re involved in an accident with someone who is uninsured or underinsured?

Per Illinois law and the Secretary of State office, “liability insurance policies automatically include uninsured motorist coverage at the legal minimum requirements for bodily injury or death. This ensures coverage if you are involved in an accident with a driver who is uninsured.”

The law doesn’t require one to carry collision, comprehensive, medical payment or uninsured property damage coverage though.

Having the aforementioned uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage may help cover your costs if you’re involved in an accident with someone who doesn’t have enough insurance to pay for your injury and property damage expenses, but isn’t it unfair for your insurance to do it when someone else is at fault? It certainly appears that way and that’s why you should seek a car accident injury attorney, such as those at Franks Gerkin Ponitz Greeley (FGPG Law) in Marengo.

Your insurance company may be there to help you, but it’s not uncommon to learn that their financial assistance during this stressful situation isn’t what you need or deserve, especially when it comes to matters concerning the other party who is uninsured or underinsured.

You may be the responsible one, but that doesn’t mean getting the financial compensation you deserve will come easy.

Contact Steven and the other professionals at FGPG Law, 19333 East Grant Hwy., for more information at, 815-207-8591.

Article originally published with Northwest Herald.
Translate »