How to maximize your Total Recovery in an injury case

Article sourced from Northwest Herald.

Consider what usually happens when someone is injured due to the fault of another person or party. Depending on the severity of the injury, it’s likely going to affect your everyday life, making many tasks difficult or even impossible for brief or extended periods of time.

Those tasks include your livelihood, and if an injury forces you to stop working, what are you going to do in order to continue paying your bills?

You need to work with a reputable, proven lawyer like those at Franks Gerkin Ponitz Greeley who will help you recover those lost wages and earnings.

Whether it’s initial injuries or resulting ones, you are entitled to recover lost wages for an accident. It doesn’t matter if you’re working full-time, part-time, seasonal or are self-employed, lost wages can be recovered. Even if you use sick, personal, vacation or other comp days for missed work, your lawyer can recover the wages that would’ve been earned if you weren’t forced to use those employment benefits.

One of the first things you should do is see your doctor. Good medical documentation about your injury is vital. If the doctor advises you not to work because of the injury, make sure he or she provides you with a physician’s medical form that authorizes you not to work due to your injuries, and for how long. You also need to communicate with your employer so that they know the status of your injury and the time you likely will miss from work. By taking the necessary steps to prove that you’ve been authorized to miss work, your lawyer will have an easier time claiming lost wages, including potential overtime pay. You should save copies of pay stubs both before and after the accident. For those who are self-employed, you need to maintain detailed records of income and expenses both before and after the accident.

Contact Herb and the team of lawyers at FGPG Law, 19333 East Grant Hwy., for more information at, 815-207-8591.

Translate »