Franks Gerkin Ponitz Greeley, P.C. in Marengo, IL want you to know what things to do when you have been in an accident

When injured in an accident, make sure you get your doctor to write notes confirming the days in which you were allowed to be off of work due to your injury.

When injured in an accident, many times your employer will understand and will give you the time off without any official doctor’s note, but the company for the at-fault-driver is going to require the doctor to put in writing that you needed to be off of work for a certain period of time due to the injury before that company would consider payment of any missed wages.

The law requires the at-fault insurance company to pay all of your missed time even if you received compensation for it based on vacation days, sick days or other time that you had coming to you from the employer because you should not have to burn those days as a result of the accident.

Franks Gerkin & McKenna can assist with the process and recover money for your case. Call today.

Translate »